Check your email, update your facebook and join me every Thursday for a small SPARK in your life. "Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark." James 3:4-6















Daily Truth

Thursday, April 22, 2010

For me?

A friend of mine got some rather good news a few weeks ago and we were talking about how great God is and how I am always in awe of what He does for me...for us. We know what God can do, we know that he can do more than what we imagine...but when that happens...really happens...Whoa!


And my friend said something that was so...true. 

"I can't get over the fact that He did this for ME. Why me? Why is He so good to me?"


I'm gonna let that sink in for a minute. 


For me? Really God?


God, you healed my kid? Why mine? 
God, you gave my husband a great job? Why him?
God, you healed my marriage? Why us?
God, you took away my depression and gave me hope? Why me?
God, you  saved my sister from a life without you? Why?


Does He really love us that much. What did I or any of us do to deserve such love? Such grace? 


Nothing.


He loves us that much!
He cares, He loves and He comes through.


And even when it seems that he doesn't...when we feel as if this time He did forget about us...He is hope. 


Are you waiting for something that you need Him to come through on? Have you been asking Him for saving grace for you, your marriage, your children? 


Keep praying. Keep seeking Him. And remember that He loves you and He has already saved you for no other reason than that.


Prayer


Father, thank you for saving me from me. Thank you for coming through for me and my family even when my faith is small, when I have given up first, when I'm tired of waiting or asking. Lord you do so many things for me that I don't deserve. Why? I am in awe of you Lord. Thank you for being so good. In your precious name, amen. 


Spark Challenges


Are you waiting on God for something? It's time to get on your knees and pray. Literally. This is not old school! Be humbled and prostrate yourself before the Lord today, fall on your knees and ask Him for His mighty hand to move in your life or in whatever area you need Him to move. Life is serious and it's time to get serious with God. 


Actions to take


Make a prayer journal or prayer box- Write down things you are praying about  on a scrap piece of paper. Write the date you begin to pray on it and put it in the box or journal. When He gives you an answer, put that new date on it! He always comesr through! 


Spark Truths


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.                  Phillipians 4:6



He does not treat us as our sins deserve
       or repay us according to our iniquities.

For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
       so great is his love for those who fear him...   Psalms 103:10-11



From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.                   
                                                                        John 1:16




No comments: