Check your email, update your facebook and join me every Thursday for a small SPARK in your life. "Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark." James 3:4-6















Daily Truth

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

One of my Favorite Truths...

Hello friends, 


I have been so blessed by writing every week and I hope you have been blessed as well. This has not been an easy feat! It's funny how our weeks get so busy and I am constantly juggling so many things Wednesday comes around and I think, "Ok, I need to figure out what I am going to write about tonight!" 
This week however, will be just a quick sneak peek for next. My baby girl is sick and I just can't devote the time I need for this post this week so I am going to leave you with just a few thoughts. 


My family and I have been struggling with sickness for over a month. I have been dealing with it more so, which I am thankful that I am the one sick and not my kids so much! 


However, it has been very debilitating. I haven't been sick in a long while and in one month I have gotten several bacterial and viral sicknesses. 


This morning, I finally felt better, antibiotics are working and sure enough, my sweet baby girl has a fever!


Nonetheless, through all of this I have been praying over myself and my family and constantly quoting "No weapon formed against me shall prosper." 


And I have been thinking about how hard life is. How tiring. How at times ruthless this life is. It is brutal and exhausting. 


Let's be honest...there are times when life just stinks! 


I look around and I don't have to look far to see how heart breaking this life can be. 


But there are moments when this life is sweet. When it is good. When it is precious. 


Funny thing, isn't it? Life.


Two truths occurred to me when I was thinking of all these things.


Truth: This earth, as bad and ugly as it can be is the only Heaven we know. Our happiest moments are on this earth. Everything we love begins on this earth. Our treasures are here. The idea of heaven is great, awesome...but we can't even grasp it because all we know of heaven is the few moments here on earth that are perfect. 


Holding my kids and smelling their hair...Heaven.
Looking into my husbands eyes and seeing how much he loves me just in that one look...heaven.
Hearing my kids laugh...Heaven. 


But here's another Truth: If you are a believer in Christ and you have asked for His forgiveness and turned to Him for grace and mercy...This earth is the only Hell you'll ever know.


Thank you Jesus! 


So for this next week, think about those truths. Meditate on them and I will come back next week for some more thoughts on it! 


Prayer


Father, Thank you so much for  Heaven, whether here on earth or with you...I can only imagine the latter but if it is filled with laughter and joy that is all I desire! Help us deal with this earth and its hurts and sorrows. Thank you for saving us from Hell. I love you so much Lord. In your precious name, Amen. 


Be Sure to come back next week! 

No comments: